Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting Personal With Your Tradeshow Visitors

Recently, I have been reading a book called The Great Formula. One of the marketing strategies the author speaks about is getting personal with clients. I could not agree more, however during a convention it can be quite hard. Trade show visitors often stop by your booth quickly, pick up some information, then move on to the next one; creating a road block which discourages a connection.

I was trying my best to figure out if there is a way a trade show exhibitor can make a bonding connection with the people that pass by their booth. One night, while I was watching a reality show here Paris Hilton tries to find a new best friend (yeah, I know, I have no idea why I was watching that either!) it hit me!

The best possible way to create a lasting bonding connection between yourself and your visitors is by offering them a drink! During one of my many incentive show visits, I came across a booth with a bar. My college and I sat down, had a drink, and chatted up with the exhibitor. Although I knew I had to hit up the other booths, I sat at that booth for at least half an hour. During that time, the exhibitor collected my business card, and added me to their mailing list.

What a great show that was!

No comments: